Christ caring for people through the people of Milford UMC
During the time of the early church, the apostles decided to choose among their faithful disciples those who would be sent into the community to minister to the needs of the people.
"And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit..."
- One-on-One: Stephen Ministers meet privately with one care receiver of the same gender.
- Lay: Stephen Ministers are trained and supervised lay volunteers, not professional counselors or therapists, pastors or physicians. Stephen Ministers are not authorized to give legal, medical, financial or any other advice, but Bible-based encouragement.
- Confidential: Stephen Ministers keep personal information confidential. You can feel free to share with your Stephen Minister without worrying that anyone else will know about it. There are rare occasions when a Stephen Minister must share confidential information in order to save a life. Those occasions are suicide, homicide or abuse.
- Christian: Stephen Ministers are Christians who care in the name of Christ. They are willing to talk about spiritual issues, but won't force them.
- Care: Stephen Ministers care by listening, supporting, encouraging, praying, being dependable and trustworthy and maintaining confidentiality in their care-giving.
- Receive quality Christ-centered confidential care during their times of hurt and need.
- Find hope, healing, and a new sense of self-worth through the support of a Stephen Minister.
- Know they are remembered and supported by our congregation in times of personal difficulty.
- Receive ongoing care for continuing needs long after the onset of a crisis, when many others may have forgotten about them.
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor co-worker or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
Callie McMahon (Referral Coordinator)
Call the church office at 603-673-2669 or Email: Office@milfordumc.org